Security 1 Solutions is committed to providing you with state-of-the-art monitored security for your home. But we realise that the feeling of security must extend beyond the walls of your home and into the community.
Below is a series of safety tips that you may find useful:
• Clients who have chosen to connect their back to base monitoring through their NBN modem are vulnerable to loss of communication due to power/phone outages, where a UPS is not installed.
• Alarm systems are an effective deterrent. 9 out of 10 convicted burglars say they would avoid a house protected by an alarm system. Security system stickers and signs are also an effective deterrent.
• When you are away from your home for extended periods, use timers on internal lights to give the impression there is someone home
• Don’t allow your mail to pile up in the mailbox or on the front lawn. Either have your mail redirected to the Post Office or ask a neighbour to collect it until you get home.
• If possible, ask a friend or neighbour to park their car in your driveway occasionally to indicate there is someone home.
• Secure your glass doors and windows with a rod in the track to block it from opening.
• Use outdoor lights with motion sensors and make sure you install them high enough to prevent intruders from disabling them.
• Never attach a key ring to your keys with your name and address on it.
• Never leave keys around the exterior of your home, as thieves are familiar with this practice and know where to look!
• Conduct a regular spring clean of your security equipment, in particular motion sensors, to remove cob webs and dust which could set off a false alarm. It is also a good idea to spray regularly with fly/spider surface spray